PART TIME (approx. 10 Hours) Senior Care Role
Can be made into a Full Time role with Care hours top up
Comfort Call are on the hunt for warm and kind people like you to join our amazing team to support and lead our team at Willow Barns Extra Care Scheme (Blurton – ST3 3FB)
We’re looking for people with the following attributes;
• Kind, caring and compassionate
• A good listener who is patient
• A happy ‘people person’
• Naturally strives to go the extra mile for others
• Organised and conscientious
Successful candidates will be required to work alternate weekends.
Applicants will need to have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in care
Candidates will work a mixture of Care hours and Senior hours
Main duties of the Senior Care Assistant role are to:
• Provide individual care for our service users
• Spot check and monitor of quality and assurance
• Administration of care records
• Carry out initial risk and needs assessments in respect of individual service users.
• Work in partnership with service users, their family, carers, advocates, healthcare professionals and others to ensure the seamless delivery of holistic packages of individual care support;
• Carry out regular reviews of individual services and risk assessments;
• Participate as required in multi-disciplinary review of service users’ needs.
• Shadow new care workers in the field to ensure their competence;
• Carry out the on-site observation and evaluation of care worker practice as part of routine supervision, in response to particular performance concerns, or as otherwise directed;
• Provide ad hoc support and instruction to care workers in the field, including in an emergency.
• Promote a safe working environment and safe systems of work;
• Understand and follow hazard and accident reporting procedures;
• Be alert to any changes in service users’ condition and circumstances and act appropriately when these change
As a Senior Care Assistant with Comfort Call you’ll enjoy:
• Competitive hourly rates from £8.72 for Care hours worked and £9.22 for Senior Care Duties and 28 days’ annual leave (pro rata)*
• Ongoing support and development
• The chance to increase your career opportunities with a fully-funded diploma QCF in social care*
• A Fantastic Pension Scheme
• Exclusive discounts every day to hundreds of UK retailers, including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Pizza Express and many others
• Employee referral bonus programmes*
All suitable candidates are required to undergo an enhanced level criminal record disclosure (DBS).
Comfort Call is an equal opportunities employer.
* Terms and conditions apply.